9. Bas-relief “THE MAIL-COACH” This piece was made of reinforced plastic by order of Lithuanian Post to commemorate the history of the post office. The bas-relief portrays a horse-drawn mail-coach and, at the same time, takes us back to the period between the 17th century and the first half of the 19th century, the times of the European postal route, which passed through the Curonian Spit and connected Western Europe, Central Europe and the Baltic countries. The bas-relief decorates the front of the local post office (Taikos St. 13, Nida). 10. Memorial sculpture to G. D. KUWERT, THE AFFORESTATOR OF NERINGA A three-meter-high oak sculpture is standing in the central square of Nida. It was erected in the centre of Nida at the initiative of the local architect A. Zaviša. The sculpture theme was chosen for good reason – it refers to the history of settlements of the Curonian Spit and forestation of dunes. The monumental sculpture with plant motifs resembles the forms of wooden tombstones - krikštai, the worldview of local people and is close to their aesthetics. 11. Decorative sculpture “NERINGA” The square, while undergoing renovation had become a temporary shelter for the sculpture, a present to the town – in search of the best place, it, nonetheless, was not moved out. After the central square of Nida was reconstructed in the spring of 2014, the sculpture stayed in it as a composite dominant. This bronze piece of art several meters high is depicting a woman swimming in the sea. It was named after Neringa, the title character of the Curonian Spit legend. 12. Memorial sculpture to VYTAUTAS KERNAGIS The sculpture is dedicated to the pioneer of Lithuanian sung poetry, performer and songwriter Vytautas Kernagis. Nida was chosen to memorialise the maestro as he had been the symbol of the Neringa summer season opening feast “Ben, let’s sail to Nida” for many years. The sculptor has depicted life-size Kernagis with his key attribute – a guitar. Everyone is welcomed to sit down next to the maestro and take a picture. The Kernagis sculpture is situated in the centre of Nida, near the lagoon. A mini concert space, the Bards’ Square, has been arranged next to the sculpture. 13. Decorative sculpture “JŪRATĖ AND KASTYTIS” The copper sculpture represents a love scene between the well-known legendary characters, the goddess Jūratė and the fisherman Kastytis. The sculpture was built by order of the health resort “Jūratė”, in a courtyard, a mini-park with a pool (next to Pamario St. 3, Nida). 14. Decorative sculpture “REST” The bronze sculpture “Rest”, which depicts a woman relaxing on the beach, is situated in the centre of Nida, in the square adjacent to the Art School (Pamario St. 4, Nida). The woman is dreamily looking at a pool with a fountain next to her. This is the only fountain in Neringa; renovated in 2014. 9. Unveiled in 1977, author Eduardas Jonušas. 10. Built in 1972, author Stanislovas Bartkevičius. 11. Built in 2013, author Juozas Ruzgas. 12. Built in 2009, author Romualdas Kvintas. 13.Built in 1984, author Eduardas Jonušas. 14. Built in 1962, author Juozas Ruzgas. 15. Built in 1974, author Eduardas Jonušas. 16. Built in 1864. 15. Sculpture “THE FOUR WINDS” The sculpture of glued solid oak is situated at the entries to the café “Senas žvejas” (Old Fisherman) (Nidos-Smiltynės road 8, Nida). The sculpture of winds reminds us of extraordinary living conditions of the Curonian Spit and of the dependence of local fishermen on forces of nature. 16. Monument to G. D. KUWERT The memorial monument to George David Kuwert was built in 1864 in the Cemetery of Foresters near the Nida-Smiltynė highway at the G.D. Kuverto street junction. In 1825, G.D. Kuwert began planting pine trees on the dune which was already close to Nida. With his works, he proved that it was possible to “bring down” the rage of running sand. G. D. Kuwert died in 1856. Locals, who greatly appreciated his works, buried him beside his father Gottlieb David Kuwert, poured a monument at the Hein foundry and erected it with the funds raised in Koenigsberg. There is an amphora fitted on the pedestal with a symbolical water jug for watering the trees. In Preila: 17. Monument to GINTARAS PAULIONIS In Preila, by the sea, beside the central rescue station, there is a memorial stone paddle sculpture dedicated to the traveller Gintaras Paulionis. The Baltic hurricane and raving waves prevented the tireless traveller from successfully completing a purposeful, patriotic journey in the name of Lithu- ania. During this trip, he made the way to Copenhagen in his own rowboat, named after the Danish traveller Alfred Jensen, and, on his return, died in the beat of waves off the coast of Preila. In Pervalka: 18. Memorial carving to LIUDVIKAS RĖZA The sculptor E. Jonušas created a 7-meter high solid oak sculpture depicting Liudvikas Rėza, to commemorate the 200th anniversary of his birth. The sculpture was built near the village of Perval- ka, on the Skirpstas Dune, which was chosen at the initiative of the author himself as the best place to observe the sandbound village of Karvaičiai, the birthplace of Rėza. The oaken monument has the carved-in lines of Rėza’s poem “The Drowned Village”. The sculpture was acknowledged as one of the most prominent woodwork by E. Jonušas, a composition that highly accurately portrays L Rėza. 19. Memorial post to the VILLAGE OF KARVAIČIAI At the foot of Karvaičiai Hill, there is an oak post to commemorate the tragedy of Karvaičai village. The memorial post was erected next to the lagoon coast, on the eastern side of a bike trail, between Preila and Pervalka. These are the following words engraved on it, “1776 - Lithuanian songwriter and publisher, poet Liudvikas Rėza was born in Karvaičiai village. 1797 - the village was sandbound.” 17. Built in 1996, author Julius Narušis. 18. Built in 1975, author Eduardas Jonušas. 19. Built in 1976, author Eduardas Jonušas. 20. Built in 1990, author Kazys Bimba. 21. Built in 1994, author Artūras Sakalauskas. 22. Built in 2017, author Kęstutis Musteikis. 23. Built in 1999. 24. Erected in 1981 as part of a project by sculptor Steponas Šarapovas and architect Algimantas Nasvytis. 20. Sculpture “THE WOMAN HOLDING A CROSS” The wooden sculpture was erected in the old cemetery of Pervalka to mark a place of eternal rest. With its shape, the sculpture reflects a protest against widespread depiction of witches and devils. The sculpture represents a woman's figure with her arms raised. Her palms form a chapel ending with a cross - a symbol of faith and hope. In Juodkrantė: 21. Monument to LIUDVIKAS RĖZA Near the L. Rėza Cultural Centre (L. Rėzos St. 8B, Juodkrantė), there is a monument to the prominent figure of the Curonian Spit, the professor of the University of Konigsberg, a poet, folklore collector, publisher of K. Donelaitis “The Year” as well as fables, Liudvikas Rėza, is standing in the centre of Juodkrantė. 22. Monument to ADALBERT BEZZENBERGER A monument to famous German archaeologist, ethnographer, linguist, baltist, professor of the University of Konigsberg, Adalbert Bezzenberger (1851 – 1922) is standing in Juodkrantė, next to the health resort “Kuršių kiemas” (Miško St. 11, Juodkrantė). 23. Stone sculpture park “EARTH AND WATER” In 1995, the construction of a 2,400-meter long embankment was commenced in Juodkrantė along L. Rėzos Street. While arranging the embankment, it was decided to erect a sculpture exposition therein. The exposition was built between 1997 – 1999 during the International Sculpture Symposium “Earth and Water”. It consists of 31 sculptures created by artists from Lithuania, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Hungary, and Mauritius. The sculptures are arranged in the 800-metre long section. 24. Exposition of wooden sculptures “HILL OF WITCHES” The 42-meter high Hill of Witches (formerly of Jonas and Ieva) commemorates the centuries-old celebration of St. John’s Day. Choirs and musicians used to come by sailing-boats and steamships from Tilžė, Rusnė, and Klaipėda across the Curonian Lagoon and celebrate the shortest night of the year as well as look for the fern flower. Lithuanian folk artists and craftsmen had been coming to Juodkrantė during the summer season of 1979–1981 and erected over 80 sculptures which represented motifs and heroes of Lithuanian folk tales, legendary characters. There are particularly many witches and devils on the hill. Various swings and climbing gears have been built at the foot of the hill to the delight of children.