The church of Nida was consecrated on 10 October 1888. The then Lutheran priest Gustav Echternach undertook the construction of the church. A beautiful, red-brick Gothic building of Nida Evangelical Lutheran Church has survived all the post-war devastations. Between 1966 and 1988, the Curonian Spit History Museum was opened in the premises of the church of Nida. In 1984, the organ was built. Since the end of 1988, the church has renewed its church services. Its wooden ceiling, stained glass paintings and the painting Christ Extends His Hand to Apostle Peter, Who Is Afraid to Sink by Ernst Mollenhauer gives a sense of cosiness to its interior. The church also boasted its fine organ, built by the Karaliaučius-based company Gebauer, as well as three lamps gifted by the Kaiser’s wife Victoria (the church currently has their exact copies made on a basis of a post-war original).